Sunday, February 14, 2010

Habit Forming

I read somewhere you have to do something between 16 to 21 times before it becomes a habit. I only have 14 more days to go before writing and updating my progress becomes second nature. My life has been somewhat of a mess for the past year, but I am turning it around slowly.

Bob is almost completely formed in my mind and in my notes. I sent a portion of my characterization to my romance writer friend, Sara, for her input. I was worried that he was too unromantic to be a lead in a romantic story. She thought he would do fine and asked me a question about him I have yet to answer. (this is why I love her so)

My female lead is a bit trickier. Devising the perfect name has been a challenge. The name that calls to me is completely cliche, but then right now so is she. I don't know if she should be completely opposite in nature than my male lead, or secretly similar in ways they could never guess.

This is my favorite part of writing, the planning stages. Right now anything can happen. Anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment