Monday, August 18, 2014

Hibernation

I took the complete summer off of writing. I feel guilty and lazy at the same time. It was a much needed break due to my health and mental state. I experienced a bad flare of IBS paired with the fibromyalgia. I was miserable and in pain most of the summer. Things have improved slightly, though I'm still not ready to come back and be creative just yet. I've had several ideas for new stories, but right now I'm jotting them down for the future.

I pulled out of LJ Idol as well. It broke my heart to do so, because I adore Gary and all he has done to promote creativity on the internet. He is made of awesome. This is the last year he will be running the contest. (unless he changes his mind) Pulling out was hard to do, but I wasn't able to write my entries and keep up with reading all the entries too. It wasn't fair to the rest for me to keep on with my limited participation. Being chronically ill can be such a buzz kill. I try not to let it define who I am, but it has a way of asserting itself over and over again.

The remainder of August will be spent resting. Come September, I'm opening up my writing files with fresh eyes and finish editing my WIP. I might not finish the series the way I envisioned, but I'm determined to finish editing my story and sending it to my cousin to read. I trust her to tell me the truth about my ability and my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment