Thursday, January 23, 2014

Good Intentions

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

 How very true. I intended to start editing again on Tuesday. This didn't happen. My time off has stretched past a week. Health wise, I sound like I've been smoking three packs of smokes a day since I was eleven. This paired with a hacking cough and fountains of mucus have prevented me from creating fiction. (or rewriting anything)

My time away from the keyboard hasn't been a total loss. I've been able to get some reading done. I finished We Are Anonymous by Parmy Olson. I find hacking and Anonymous fascinating. The most important fact I took away from the book itself was how easy it would be to hack me. Note to self, change the majority of your passwords.  I was also surprised by the fact that Anonymous isn't a group but more a movement or a way of looking at the world. I always thought, mostly because of mainstream media, it was a very organized group of hackers standing up to "the man." I rather like the fact it is a ever changing group of individuals with similar views. This does not mean I condone their methods or criminal acts.

Next on my agenda, more research. I'm giving myself the rest of the week to beat down the virus that has inhabited my body and is using it as its own personal Disney World. Then Monday it is back to work on The Valiant and character development for the yet to be named hacker thriller mystery story. This minor set back will not derail my commitment to write daily and with purpose. I won't let it.


No comments:

Post a Comment